Camp Muskoka welcomes boys and girls, aged 6 to 16 to our traditional overnight summer camp near Bracebridge, Ontario. For those thinking of joining our camp family, we hope this website will answer your questions and give you a preview of the many wonderful things that campers experience during their stay at Camp Muskoka.
Camp Muskoka’s COVID Task Force continues to meet on a regular basis to review safety plans and protocols for a safe summer camp experience for campers and staff. As we receive operating guidance from Public Health and the Ontario Camps Association for overnight camps, we adopt these guidelines to operate safely.
Our strategy remains the same: to work with the Ministry of Health to provide a Camp Muskoka experience that is SAFE & FUN.
2021 Protocols and Safety plans that were implementing were as follows:
- campers and staff are to limit their exposure to the greatest extent possible 14 days prior to arrival at camp
- campers and staff are requested to get a free COVID 19 PCR test at their local participating pharmacy within 72 hours of their arrival to camp
- conduct an on-site COVID Rapid Test upon arrival for all campers and staff
- establishing camper cabin cohort groups
- scheduled cabin cohort activities driven by a 'choose your adventure' cabin collaboration
- daily health screening
- sanitisation of program equipment before and after each use
- social distancing between cohorts during meals and activities
- increased frequent handwashing
- a ‘kiss and ride’ approached camper drop-off and pick-up procedural program
We look forward to providing another incredible and magical experience for the summer of 2022.